- Prepare your spikey monster. (If you don't have one, get a pineapple and prepare that.) Reserve a little for the garnish.
- Whiz it with a little water, some mint and a little honey if you wish.
- Gently toast some pine nuts in a dry pan, then mix with some diced pineapple.
- Serve with your chilled soup and drizzle with honey.
- To prepare your pineapple: Behead and bebottom it. Stand it on its bare bottom. Use a big knife to cut from the top down in slight curves to remove the skin and eyes. The trick is to not get upset about losing a bit of fruit. This way you will cut out all the eyes successfully - don't worry, they are not real eyes and there will be plenty of flesh left for your soup. Chuck away the skin (why does this tip sound so bodily?), cut it in half and then quarters, lengthways across the core, then, keeping each quarter standing up, cut the triangle of core off and send it packing.
- Watch your pine nuts while they toast. They have a habit of going from pale yellow to black-as-the-night as soon as you look away.