- Half a chopped chorizo in the pan with olive oil, just a bit. Crisp it up. Diced onions and carrots in. Turn the heat down. Cumin, paprika. Ten minutes of indecisiveness.
- Big fresh tomatoes, chopped and in (lots). Big squeeze of tomato purée. Garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. The other half of a chopped chorizo. Sizzle for ten then add water. Let it bubble for an episode or two of your favourite series.
- Add water if it catches. Add olive oil if it makes you happy.
- When the consistency pleases you, add a tin of chick peas.
- Slice some green chili for the top.
What did it taste like? Good, hearty, spicy, wholesome.
Tip: For the leftovers I fried up some onions fast and slow (I couldn’t decide if I wanted them fried or caramelised) with some sugar and spices, then cooked some little potatoes and popped it all in to join the gang. I was then able to feed a friend :)