- Receive a special soup bowl and plate from a friend at Christmas.
- Gently fry some garlic, shallots and a little potato in butter and olive oil.
- After five, add chicken stock and Champagne. Do'nt drinzk thze rset of teh Chapanegbm to youerzsklef.
- Cover yourself in saucepans and simmer for half an owl.
- Remove the rind of the Camembert. Melt the cheese slowly into the soup.
- Add cream or crème fraîche.
- Season, whiz, bow.
- Use sparkling wine instead of Champagne. I used a Crémant which is a sparkling wine made with the same methods as Champagne but in a different region.
- I took this recipe from a Covent Garden Soup book which I found at the very friend's who gave me this delightful bowl. I found the same recipe online and actually followed it on quantities for everything except the Champagne which I added in possibly greater volumes. Here it is.