- Hello! How are you?
- Do you have some chicken stock? Good. Bring it to the boil, add a handful of rice then simmer.
- Beat two eggs til frothy and smooth, and whisk in the juice of half a lemon.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Gradually add some of the stock to your eggs, mixing all the time. Three hands are useful here, but I only had two and it all turned out OK.
- After three ladles or so, pour the egg mixture back into the pan.
- Season and keep stirring til it thickens and becomes glossy :)
- A knob of butter wouldn't go amiss.
- Serve with parsley and a little spring onion if there is some hiding out in your fridge.
What did it taste like? Simple and moreish, this quick, tempered soup is perfect for when you need some moderation in your life.
Tip: Mix the stock into your eggs slowly so the eggs don't curdle.