- Chop up a big bunch of spring onions, keeping the white and green separatish.
- Melt some butter in a pan on a lowish heat and add the whites.
- When they've become translucent, add the green and some garlic and let it all soften.
- Keep it going for fifteen minutes or so.
- Season, add a little water, then whiz.
- You may want to add some milk or cream, but I did not.
- Serve with the crunchiest bread you can find.
Tip: Don't let anything brown.Taste your onions before whizzing to make sure you've cooked off any raw flavours.