Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strawberry and white peach + sweet basil cream


In defiance of this miserable June, I hereby propose my first summer soup.(Measurements are per person.)
  • Whiz one mini pot of fromage frais (60g) and two big basil leaves with a teaspoon of sugar, then refrigerate.
  • One handful of strawberries and one peeled white peach get blended with one level tablespoon of sugar and a small glass of dry white wine (very small for you English/Aussie/US wine guzzlers).
  • Adjust ingredients to your taste (but I don't need to tell you that)
  • Serve and consume the two concoctions together. 
  • The end.

What did it taste like? Slightly alcoholic smoothie meets sophisticated fruit fool. Beauty combination if I do say so myself :)

Tip: If your ingredients are already chilled there's no need to chill it further. Mine were not even that cold, but the temperature was perfect. I used a Grenache wine, but I suppose that any good dry wine will be good also.

PS Look at these strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment