- This chilled summer soup practically makes itself, you just have to supervise.
- Put twice as much blanched almond to day-old bread in a food processor.
- Add a finely chopped garlic clove (I don't trust my food processor to do this correctly but if you trust yours, be my guest).
- Pour in some satifying glugs of olive oil, and a splash of sherry vinegar.
- Season with salt, and start whizzing. Add water until you have the desired consistency. Chill.
- Wait until hungry.
- Serve with slices of white grape.
Tip: The consistency should not be too thick, otherwise it's like eating dip, and ensure that it is well chilled. Although I love garlic, I am a bit scared of it raw. I always use less than other recipes. I was happy with the strength in this soup, it was obviously one of the main ingredients, but it didn't stay with me for the rest of the day.