- Whiz half a shallot, the juice of half a lemon and an avocado. Use more lemon/shallot if the planets are suitably aligned.
- Add salt, half an optional small green chili and as much coriander as you have/feel like.
- Pour in 250ml of the delicious vegetable stock you made for last week's minestrone.
- Chop some raw mangetout and mix with some smoked crispy bacon.
- Serve the soup chilled, with your crunch mixture. Hoorah!
- Cut your mangetout once lengthways, then chop into little pieces.
- I used allumettes which are ready cut slivers of bacon, but you could use rashers then break them up after - this would increase the crunch-factor.