- Slice an aubergine longways, then stab it gently. Don't think murder, think friendly knife play.
- Put it on a baking tray with a few peeled potatoes, a peeled, quartered onion and some smashed garlic cloves.
- Douse in olive oil, salt and some thyme.
- Bake at about 200°C for an hour or so until the aubergine is squishy.
- Heat a saucepan, add olive oil and get your roasted onions and garlic in.
- Scoop out the aubergine and add. Fry a little, then add your potatoes and some chicken stock.
- Drizzle with lemon and olive oil.
Tip: Easy on the lemon, but don't forego it. Get your guests to squeeze it on, themselves (or on themselves). Use fresh thyme or really good dried stuff. I'm not showing off, but look how lovely mine is.